Monday, January 13, 2014

Transfer 3.3: Orange Season

Hello everyone!

I hope that you have had a good week! Everything has been going pretty well on this side of the country.

One evening, on our way home, we saw this really beautiful view of Yokohama city at night. It was magnificent. It really made me realize how much I love Japan. When else am I ever going to live in the shadow of one of the greatest metropolises, where all I do is try to help people and help them to come closer to Christ? Yeah, I don't think that will be happening again for a really long time. I plan to enjoy it while I can. 

Communication with Matsuzaki Shimai has been going.... okay. We were trying to find an address the other day, and that was... interesting. Sometimes I wish I leaned more on my Dad's directional skills than my Mom's, haha. But Matuszaki Shimai said, while I was trying to remember which way it was, (this is translated) "It's not this way." and I was like...... "Oh, ok, we will go the other way then..."

...


Yeah, apparently what she really said was "It is not this way?".... They are the same sentence, yo. It was a very confusing day in my life.  

I was very lucky this week because I got to see SNOW! For about 3 seconds, haha. We went to Yokosuka for a Zone activity and when we walked off the train, it was SNOWING. I may or may not have started crying. I was really excited, okay? It was SO PRETTY! I love me the snow! When it only lasts for 3 seconds and I don't have to track in it! (Gomen, Eastern US missionaries......)

I might also mention that I think that it might be orange season in Japan... And I only think that because literally EVERYONE gives us oranges. "Oh hey, thanks for the message sisters, wanna visit my neighbor who isn't a member and also she will give you oranges?" Why does everyone give us oranges? I mean, they are delicious and everything, but I think we have all eaten more oranges than I probably ever will again... Except maybe in Japan this time next year. It really is rather ridiculous.

I just wanted to leave with a few verses that I jotted down during personal study. I hope you find them enlightening. I would definitely suggest that you include these verse into your daily scripture study. Of course you have daily scripture study, right? Right?! Good.

"Let us run with patience the race that is set before us" Hebrews 12:1
"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you." James 4:8

Always With Love,

Sister Teagan Clark
Japan Tokyo South Mission
1-7-7 Kichijoji Higashi-Cho
Musashino-Shi, Tokyo
180-0002
JAPAN

No comments:

Post a Comment