Sunday, April 20, 2014

Transfer 5.5: Giant Eggs

Happy Easter, everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday, being able to celebrate
together to resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I hope you have also had the opportunity to eat an enormous amount of
delicious Easter candy. Nothing quite like karate chopping a giant
chocolate egg open.

This last week is all quite a bit of a blur. We were in Kichijoji... A
lot.... That is because we had ZONE CONFERENCE yeeeeeah and that was
absolutely spectacularly. I have quite a few friends in the north
zone, and so it was really nice to be able to see them. Here are a few
of my notes:

「We've gotta be weird, we've gotta talk to everyone, because the more
we talk to people, the more seeds we plant.

We want to GET TO THE CORE quickly.

You can see whoever you want! As long as you have an investigator. You
gotta Dendo when you are with your investigators! 」

...yeah. That is the basically the life of a missionary right there.
Learning about how to help people and make lives better, but in crazy
missionary tango, of course. Wouldn't have it any other way.

I also had exchanges with the lovely Sister Tavo this last week.
Probably the most exciting thing about that is because she visited, I
got my camera changer back! YES! I have hardly any pictures on my
camera from the last two transfers. We are about to change that.

On Saturday, we had the opportunity to go to Kichijoji.... Again... To
take a potential investigator to see a presentation by President Wada!
It was wonderful. Our PI had an awesome experience. We were also made
aware that Golden week is coming up soon! Apparently it is a huge
festival in Japan... I guess we will find out.

On Sunday, we had a really special opportunity to sing with our ward
in a special fireside where the General YW president and the General
RS president spoke. One of their husbands made a comment "I wonder of
there isn't anyone who isn't in this ward's choir." Which made me
laugh because indeed, the "choir" is the entire ward. It was a sweet
experience.

I am afraid I don't have too much more to report on. Oh! Shout out to
Mama Bates! Elder Bates wants letters and packages and more letters. I
told him to try sending some letters first and maybe he'd receive
some, but I dunno how well that advice was taken. (≧∇≦)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! Keep coming closer to Christ.

Sister Teagan Clark
クラーク姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment