Sunday, July 6, 2014

Transfer 7.4: There Can Be Miracles When You Believe

I am starting to notice that preparation day is my most stressful day.
Is that how that is suppose to work?

This week has been pretty wonderful. Lots of things going on. Lots of
work to get done.

Last Monday, we saw a huge miracle. Maybe I will write about that
last. Don't let me forget.

We had an exchange with our wonderful Sister Training Leader, Sister
Hubbard! We had quite the adventure. Sister Maloy's birthday is coming
up on the 22nd, so she allowed me to pop into a store really quick so
I could buy her someone small while she talked with some people.
Afterwards, we decided to come up stairs to look at something else,
when we ran into one of our investigators! I was so surprised. Our
investigator invited us to go to her ikebana class with her. (Ikebana
is Japanese flower arrangement) We went with! Not only did we have a
great experience with our investigator, but our investigator
introduced us to everyone in the class and who we were and what we are
doing in Japan. We practically didn't have to say anything. It was a
great example of working hard, working smart, and working inspired.

On Thursday, we had one of the busiest days we've had in a long time.
3 different appointments, right after one another. Luckily, two of
them were at the church and the member who was helping out agreed to
stay and help with both, which was such a blessing. Japanese is
difficult.

On Friday, we met and taught two 14 year old girls. The lesson went
really well. They were both open and willing and ready to feel the
spirit. My biggest problem was that I had no idea what to talk to
teenage girls about. Boys? School? Sports? Always trying to make
things less awkward. Always failing.

Ok, so the miracle! We have been praying for about a month that we
would somehow get in contact with one of our investigators. We had
taught her the first lesson and it had gone really well, but we
discovered that I had written down the wrong number and so we had no
way to contact her. So we prayed, and prayed, and prayed some more.
Nothing.

So then we had a meeting with some of the ward leaders and we really
asked them if they would pray with us to be able to get in contact
with her again. I don't know if they prayed or not, but I am assuming
they did, because the next day, a miracle happened.

We were walking out of the train station and I suggested that we check
for money in the ATM. As we rounded the corner, someone walked past me
who I recognized. It took me a moment, but the spirit screamed at me
that it was who we had been looking for. I called her over and we were
able to chat.

It turned out, that she has been having health problems, which is why
she has been unable to come. But, she said that she has been reading
the Book of Mormon and would love to come to church, but she just
can't walk there. We will be arranging rides soon.

I am so grateful for all of your prayers and support. Please keep up
your efforts! I know that the world is getting harder and harder and
wickeder by the day, but don't give up on yourself just because you
are in the latter-days. Keep being the wonderful saints that I know
you are.

Love,

Sister Teagan Clark
クラーク姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment