Sunday, November 17, 2013

Transfer 2.1: A Transfer Gone By

Transfer calls were this week! I am officially into my second transfer into Japan. I am staying in Kanagawa with Hathaway Shimai. Wells Shimai is transferring, however, so soon you will see what new bean-chan will be living with us.

Also, you should know off the bat that I am taking P-day on Thanksgving and so there may not be an email at ALL next week. We will see what happens. We are blessed to be able to go onto the base and have Thanksgiving with American families. We are really excited about it!

This week has seriously be a week of miracles. On Friday, our Elders got a call from a Sasaki-san, who wanted to make an appointment to learn more about Eikaiwa and maybe a little bit about our church. She were able to meet her that day and it turns out that she is really prepared. She agreed to be baptized if she came to know that this church is true. We are really excited to have another lesson with her this week. 

Another cool experience was when I was on exchanges with Imano Shimai. One house has all of these cactus' that she thought were way cool, so we ping-ponged the door. An old man came out and talked to us. We talked for about 40 minutes and he told us all about his life. He was 92 years old and grew up in Hawaii. He has been to 48 of the 50 states and has perfect English. He reminds me of my Grandfather. During the great depression, his parents sent him to Japan for education, where he was drafted into the Japanese Army and therefore lost his American citizenship. He was trained as a suicide bomber and the only reason he is alive is because they ran out of gas. He was a truly spectacular man. I shared with him the specialness that the Book of Mormon has had in my life and why I wanted to share it with him. I gave him a copy and he said that he would read it. I honestly felt like a had a real connection with him. His name was Tano Ue.

In other news, there was another 4 earthquake on Saturday. I was on the phone with one of our members and so that was interesting. Wells Shimai was freaking out. Some people say we are having a lot of Earthquakes and that it is a good thing because then we won't have a big one... Others say that these are the before shocks of the big one. Eh, しょがない really. 

I am honestly really excited about these next 6 weeks in Kanagawa. This area is seriously on fire with many amazing investigators and experiences. There are only many more wonderful experiences in store! We can really only get better and get better we will.

Listening to Japanese always makes me really sleepy... I try so hard to stay awake, I honestly do... I am just glad that our members have a lot of patience with me. In Japan, most everyone speaks a tiny bit of English. You never know who is going to be fluent in English. Also in Japan, everyone's cars are super shiny and clean. 

ALSO I GOT A LOT OF LETTERS THIS WEEK AND IT MADE ME REALLY HAPPY! Brooklyn and Reannen, THANK YOU! :D

I think that about sums it up for this week! Hopefully I will have the opportunity to email again on Thanksgiving, but I honestly have no idea what will happen. We will see!

Love you all!
Sister Teagan Clark
Japan Tokyo South Mission
1-7-7 Kichijoji Higashi-Cho
Musashino-Shi, Tokyo
180-0002
JAPAN

No comments:

Post a Comment