Sunday, November 23, 2014

Transfer 10.6: Kickin' It in Kofu

What a great week! Let me see if I can file down my experiences into one action-packed blog post for you!

There are a few colleges that are pretty close to here, so we decided to walk down and around and see if we could talk to some people.... Yeah, we didn't talk to any college students BUT we did set up an appointment with a not-college student and that was a miracle in itself! Boom!! 

Thursday, I got to spend then day in Hachioji with Sister Brox! and promptly forgot to take any pictures. Basically.... It was very cold and rainy and the other sisters were sick. But I did not get sick! So there is that! We also talked to some really cute students studying art and being awesome. Learned weird Japanese words, like "the four seasons"-- yes, there is a single word for that. We also met a girl who really loves hymns and we were able to invite her to come to church. I'm not very good at stopping people on the street, but I always know when I was suppose to talk to someone because the spirit makes it really easy to talk to them. I never notice until afterwards, but I am really grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost each and every day. 

On the way back, we got to help this SUPER ADORABLE Thai couple get to Mt. Fuji. They were on their honeymoon and spoke English but no Japanese, haha. I'm glad we could help. 

We were also very lucky to have two lessons with our investigator with a baptismal date. She is doing wonderful. She has so much faith. She had read up to 1 Nephi 8 and her and her son are praying together each day. She has a friend she wants to share the gospel with. She promised to keep the word of wisdom. There are only a few weeks until baptism. I'm getting really excited! She is such a great example of faith. She is already recognizing answers to her prayers and says that whenever she prays, she feels bright. It has been so awesome to see her grow in the gospel. :) 

We did a FHE with one of the LAs in the ward and her 13 year old daughter. We tried to show them how to build a happy home! We talk about love and communication and prayer and trust. I think it went well... I hope it at least opened their hearts up a little bit. We gave treats afterwards. The kids especially liked that part, haha. 

Then today we went to the zoo!! The thing I have been waiting for!! I got to hold a guinea pig!! I love guinea pigs!! It was so much fun and the weather was nice and the kids were adorable. 

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I am so liking the person I am becoming. I can hardly believe, only 3 months left? I am worried about going home, haha! Maybe I will just live go hide in a hole and live in Japan forever, muahahaha!!

Love always,

Sister Teagan Clark
クラーク姉妹
☆〜(ゝ。∂)

No comments:

Post a Comment