Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week 5: One Month Left! (...Of the MTC)

This past week was our halfway day. Been here a month and we've still got a month to go. 

Thanks heavens. I don't speak Japanese.

This weeks language folleys include me telling Sousa san that "we would pray TO him" instead of FOR him. He was very concerned and I was ashamed. As Feist Shimai might say, "comedy."

It's been really interesting to see our progression this week. And by our progression, I mean Jones Shimai's progression. We were further explaining repentance to Ishikido san and I kept finding myself tongue tied. The more I think about it, the more I recognize that it was the spirit that was keeping me from speaking so that Jones Shimai had a better chance to speak. She bore a really strong testimony that brought her to tears. It was amazing to see her go from hardly being able to conjugate a sentence to being able to bear a heart felt testimony. 

On Saturday, we had a "One Month Left: Get Together and Eat and Talk" not party because you don't party in the MTC. Needless to say, it was a wonderful time. My wonderful sister-in-law Betsy sent me a pound of caramel with a note "Your wish is my command :D" and we enjoyed quite a bit of it. I cut of some small pieces and shared it with the Japanese sisters who are here. It was so fun to watch them enjoy it! Sister Cullison helped me talk with them (because she's much better at Nihongo than I am) and they really liked the caramel! They said it was better than anything than could get in Japan. It was some pretty darn good caramel....

On another note, this week Jones Shimai and I were made the branch music coordinators. Whooooo, callings! We have so much power now, I just don't know what to do with myself. 

I feel very blest to be able to get to spend this much time preparing. I honestly do. I've made many friends, including an Elder Robinson (AKA Elder Microwave) who is serving in Brazil. We, for some reason, always run into each other and he's hilarious so it's great. He occasionally calls me Sister Butters, no big deal. Boom, friendship. 

Also, I often see my friends Kyle Felkins and Zach Powell from school and lately I've been seeing a certain Ammon Black around. 

Pictures to come soonish! Love you lots!



--
Sister Teagan Clark
OCT 07 JPN-TOKS
2007 N. 900 E. Unit 46 
Provo, UT 84602



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment