Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week 6: Life is Getting Too Real

So this week has been a little crazy. And by a little crazy, I mean a LOTTA crazy. But not as crazy as the last week is going to be.

Wednesday was perhaps the most bizarre day I've had in a long time. We did our MTC service and as we were walking back, we ran into our Elders, who told us that Elder Lundberg had dropped a ton of watermelons on Elder Berube's foot. We thought they were kidding. They weren't. 

Luckily, his foot was just really bruised and he had the opportunity  to figure out how to best perform "Tokyo Drag" on one of the leg scooters. 

We had the opportunity to visit Willard Sensei and tell him about the watermelon incident and further discuss the game show that Feist Shimai has the desire to create. Class with Gardener Sensei went on as usually USING A LADY CAME IN AND GAVE US OUR JAPANESE NAME TAGS WHAAAAAAAAAAAT. That's when the thought came to me, "hey, I might actually be going to Japan...." That's not terrifying at all.

The next day we had the chance to hear Brother Irie's conversion story (look up his music!) and he spoke Nihongo so that we could understand it. How lovely! It was a really great devotional!

I've been reading in my favorite place in the Book of Mormon (with Ammon!!) and apparently it's unusually to laugh hysterically while reading the scriptures. I'm sorry, but mental images of servants carry bouquets of arms is just particularly amusing to me. Don't ask questions. 

Also, I love the example that Ammon gives. If I could be like anyone in the scriptures, I would want to me like Ammon. He just is so humble and finds such joy in the Lord and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I feel like we would be friends, Ammon and I. 

As for language follies.... Hmmm, the only thing I can really think of is accidentally asking "What do you think about time?" instead of "What do you think about the ten commandments?" But I pretty quickly corrected myself. 

Elder Robinson is a theatre geek (and all over geek) like I am so that's pretty cool. My best friend Brooklyn was in a pageant this week/lastweekend? (I'm not sure) AND I HOPE IT WAS SUPER AWESOME (AKA, B-rook, if you're reading this, tell me how it went!)

The group of missionaries 3 weeks older than us left yesterday... AKA we are now the big senkyoshi on campus AKA we are going to Japan in 3 weeks and I'm terrified. The best kind of terrified, but terrified none the less. 

Crazy how the time flies. Maybe one day I'll actually speak Japanese.

Today is not that day.

--
Sister Teagan Clark
OCT 07 JPN-TOKS
2007 N. 900 E. Unit 46 
Provo, UT 84602



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment