Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Transfer 2.5: Caroling Dendo

Hello, my fine friends. It is really good to see all of you this fine Christmas season. Can you believe that it is almost Christmas?? Because I really can't! It blows my mind! I am really excited to be able to talk to my family. I really pray that everything will go well with Skype and that we won't having any technical problems. Japan is really far away from Utah... Really.

This has truly been a fine week. Today, we had the opportunity to go to the temple, which is always lovely. It is always good the see the other missionaries that are not from your area. 

This past week, we had the opportunity to talk to a lot of people. It is weird to think that Elder Hill left only this past week... It feels like he has been gone for a long time. He grew into an old missionary and then flew home... I maybe cried a little bit, MAYBE. But it is weird to think how many people I am going to see do the same thing. It is the way of the mission.

We got a new investigator this week that we are really excited about. She is really cute and sweet and really pretty good at English. I am often surprised at how good people actually are at English. 

We also started a new health plan this week! Yay for being healthy! According to other missionaries, you gain a lot of weight in the beginning of January because New Years is a WAY big deal. WAY bigger than Christmas. So many food appointments. So little time. We don't really have food appointments the rest of the year, so that is good. We would eat so much. Oof. 

We had our last official lesson with our golden investigator this week. She has her baptismal interview this week, and we are really excited!! We really hope that everything works out well! 

This week, we also had the ward Christmas party, which was really great and created quite a few defining moments for people. It was certainly not an American Ward Christmas Party, haha, but it was still way good. We sang with our Eikaiwa class and listened to our members sing. Way good. Then we ate cake. Yeeeaaah, cake. :D

OH! We also went caroling! Which... Doesn't go very well in Japan, apparently. Even when we went to the Bishops house, he open the door a little bit, just enough for us to start singing and then shut it on us... We were so shocked! It was hilarious. He then came back and invited us up stairs to sing to his family. Any one else we tried to sing to, said they were too busy to listen. I was a little disappointed... I still want to try again some day. CAROLING DENDO, YEAH!

We have a lot of singing appointments this week and Elder Mitabi asked me if I would sing with him at the Mission Conference... A little bit terrifying! We will see if it actually happens. I am not the best singer... Singing makes me so nervous! I am always afraid that someone is going to make fun of me. Blech, I know. But I hope it will turn out alright. We will see how it goes!!

Thank you for everyone's kind words, and love. And packages. You are all the best! 凄くやさしい人です! 

If you have any questions, please feel free to email or write me. I am always up for those things to occur. I wish I had something amazing to tell you, but I can never quite remember like I would like to. One thing I can think of, is that I had the opportunity to talk to someone who another Elder gave a Book of Mormon too. Heavenly Father works in orbits. It is amazing to see how when a seed is planted by one missionary, and then is nourished by another, and by another, until it is finally harvested. It is truly a miracle.

I love you all. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season. Never forget the seeds that have been planted in your own heart.

Cheers! :)

Sister Teagan Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment