Sunday, December 29, 2013

Transfer 3.1: Great Blessings

I know, it has seriously not been that long since you heard from me last. I think all of us expect this to not be a very long post. BUT! It has been a pretty great last couple of days. Not going to lie. This has been the best way to finish out a transfer.

On Friday, we cleaned out the font for the baptism that we had scheduled for the next day. Talk about a ton of fun and talk about being crazy busy! There hasn't been a female baptism in Kanagawa ward for 3 years, so everyone was really excited for this. I definitely think we were the most excited about it. I am still excited about it, and she was already baptized! We made some cute cookie things to hand out after the baptism. They included our recent convert's favorite scripture: Ether 12:4

Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God. 

Isn't that perfect?! She is the best, I am convinced. If I can be as amazing as her one day, I think I will be happy for the rest of eternity.

The baptism had it's own little miracles. Her daughter and grandchildren were able to come and participate, which was so sweet. Even President Wada found a moment of his time to come and congratulate her. He mentioned to her that Sister Hathaway was transferring... And then she started bawling. And then her daughter started crying. President Wada, the heart breaker.

Oh yeah, I guess I haven't mentioned that. I am getting a new companion! Her name is Sister Matsuzaki and I am really excited! I know that we are going to see a lot of miracles this next transfer. I know it. 

One of the reasons is because yesterday, we had a very successful day. Not only was our recent convert confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but we had two amazing lessons with a couple of our other investigators. An investigator that Sister Hathaway has been working with for quite sometime finally broke down one of the things that was holding her back from progressing. It really strengthened my own personal testimony about the importance of going to church. She had received an answer to one of her prayers from one of the speakers in church and it really created a desire in her to continue towards baptism.

With our other investigator, we were able to set a baptismal date. She is from China and literally knew nothing about any religion. But I think she really wants to believe and slowly but surely, we are getting her there. She is wonderful. I just want to be her best friend forever, haha. She works a lot, so I really hope that she will be able to come to church with us one day. We'll figure it out!

I will talk to you again soon!

Love you always!! :)


Sister Teagan Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment