Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Transfer 4.6: KURISUMASU!

It has been a while since I emailed last, so this is going to be an interesting update. I have a lot to talk about.

First off, bad things come in 3's. It was a very interesting day indeed. You see, it all started in the morning. We were all getting ready to go to a conference, when we got an email that was for the other sisters.... It wasn't a good email. I won't tell you exactly what it said, but it wasn't very nice... And included swear words... The other sisters weren't very happy. Not too long after that, Sister Hathaway took a pretty bad dive down the stairs. She has some big bruises from it still, and this was over an week ago that all of this happened. 'Bad things happen in 3's.' I warned.

Then we went to the conference and it turned out to be SUPER AWESOME! No really, it was great. We learned a lot and had some delicious Taco Rice (which is just rice with hamburger meat, taco seasoning, lettuce and tomatoes.)

And then we came home... To find that our bikes... Had been chained to a pole with a big sign that had some Japanese characters that neither of us knew. YEAH. Imano Shimai said the sign said illegal. WHOOPS. So our bikes kind of had to be left, because the place was closed that our bikes were parked by. So we ended up walking back home... In the rain.

We also did a lot of caroling at rest home's last week. I ended up having a very lengthy conversation with an old Japanese man about how I did not need a boyfriend. And I may or may not have put a wall in their wall by accident. AKA I totally started crying and freaking out, but it was all chill. I don't know why anyone has paper walls in the first place.

So we weren't able to go and get our bikes for a couple of days, but we would go and check and make sure that they were still there. Finally, we got some time to go and get our bikes from the place, but when we went, they were GONE. And that is when we all started to get a little worried. Sister Hathaway was like 'Ok. Okay. Let's just go back and see if they are around this building.'

LO AND BEHOLD. A miracle. Our bikes were back there and UNCHAINED. We literally just got on our bikes and rode away. It was awesome. 

I also got a lot of letters this week, which I loved! So thank you THANK YOU Sherri, Becca, Brooklyn, and Zach! Two of those people are on missions, so it isn't like they can really see that shout out anyways, but oh well.

I got a few packages as well, which was awesome! Most of my siblings sent stuff in the box that my parents sent. Which was way nice!! And then my sister Wendy sent me a package filled with many treasures. Alex sent me a t-shirt too, which was way nice!!

As for the work, we have a baptism this Saturday!! We are way excited! It is a miracle, really. So many people told me how hard the work is in Japan, but there are people here who are prepared to hear the gospel. It is truly beautiful.

Christmas was crazy fun as well! We got up and were preparing to give presents to one another wheeeeeeeen... The power went off! YAY! So we sent Christmas morning in the dark. Then we wee able to spent sometime with our district for district meeting and making breakfast together. Then I got to skype my family which was waaaaaaay fun! My siblings are hilarious, or so they thought. Kevin kept making funny faces on Skype. It was SO great to be able to see everyone. I love my family a lot! I am so grateful to be able to be on a mission right now and help others be able to be with their families for ever.

I love you all so much and I hope that you have had a Merry, Merry Christmas! 

Sister Teagan Clark
Japan Tokyo South Mission
1-7-7 Kichijoji Higashi-Cho
Musashino-Shi, Tokyo
180-0002
JAPAN

(PS. I can hardly believe I am almost Transfer 3!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment